Thank you for visiting the Frank's RedHot® website. This site is owned and operated by McCormick Foods Australia Pty. Ltd.
Our digital services provide a place for our consumers to find exciting new ways to eat, cook, and share flavor and food ideas. We appreciate the trust you place in our products by bringing them into your home and as our part of our commitment to you, we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) and keep you informed of our efforts.
This privacy notice applies to the information we collect from business partners and other third parties as well as the information we collect when you:
- Use our websites, including mobile websites
- Attend events we host or participate in
- Register for a contest or other promotion with us
- Use our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Communicate with us via phone, email, or other channels
- Visit our social media pages
- Interact with our online advertisements or emails
This privacy notice is meant to help you understand:
- The types of personal information we collect
- Why we collect and use your personal information
- When, why and with whom we will share personal information
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information
We hope you will take the time to read this privacy notice carefully. If you have any questions, please refer to the How to Contact Us section below.
Information We Collect
This section describes the categories of personal information we collect and the sources of such information.
Information You Provide
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, email address, social media handle, or telephone number you provide when registering for an account or contest or contacting us;
- Demographics, such as your age or gender;
- Transactional Information, such as the products and recipes you seem to be interested in, the searches you conduct on our digital services, and your reviews;
- Location Information, when you provide your location, for example to find nearby retailers who carry our products; and
- Information Included in Your Interactions with Us, such as your feedback, concerns, survey responses, and comments.
We do not ordinarily collect sensitive information, but if you elect to provide sensitive information to us, it may also be captured and stored in compliance with applicable law. If collected, sensitive information will be used by us only:
- if permitted by applicable law, with your consent, and:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained; or
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by applicable law
You may elect not to provide certain information, however, we may not be able to provide you with our services in this case.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Transactional Information, such as dates and times of the interactions you have with us;
- Identifiers, such as your IP address, device ID, mobile advertising identifiers, username, cookie identifiers, and other similar identifiers;
- Audio information, such as recordings of your calls when you call our consumer affairs telephone line;
- Location Information, where our digital services collect location information, whether due to the activation of location-based services on your device or as inferred by us based on your IP address or network connection; and
- Information About Web and Application Activities, such as recipes and product pages viewed, content downloaded or viewed, interactions with our emails or other electronic communications, search terms, and requests.
Information Collected from Other Sources
- We collect information from other sources, such as web hosting providers, data and analytics providers, social media platforms, marketing companies, companies that provide information and insights about consumer interests and activities, the retailers with which we do business, joint marketing partners, and advertising services. We collect the following categories of information from these sources:
- Identifiers, such as your name, contact information, social media handle, cookie identifiers, and information about the devices you use to access our digital services;
- Demographics, such as your age and gender;
- Inferences Regarding Preferences or Other Characteristics, such as cooking preferences, hobbies, and travel interests.
We may combine any of the information we collect.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information to maintain and operate our business, including our digital services that we make available to you. This includes the following purposes:
- Creating and maintaining your account with us. Some of our digital services require or permit you to create an account. We collect personal information from you to create and maintain your account.
- Communicating with you. We collect and use personal information to communicate with you, for example:
- If you sign up for our email newsletters or ask to receive notifications from us (e.g. email, SMS text messages, or push notifications), we will collect your email address, mobile number, or other contact information to communicate with you. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time. For example, you can opt out of receiving our email newsletters by using the unsubscribe link contained within the emails or you can opt out of receiving push notifications on your mobile device by managing the application permissions. You may also contact us using the details below. You may continue to receive transactional or other non-marketing communications.
- If you contact us directly or publish a comment on social media or other platforms about us, our products, or issues we are interested in, we may respond.
- We may contact you regarding your account, transactions, shipping, other interactions or relationships, or to invite you to participate in an event, survey, or other program. Communications may include SMS text messages or push notifications sent to your mobile device.
- We may also communicate with you about our products and services including via advertising tailored to your interests either on this site or other digital platforms, including third-party platforms.
- Posting your content. Some of our digital services may allow you to post ratings, reviews, and/or other content (e.g. photos or videos). We collect the information and content you provide to publish your content and to promote our products and services.
- Managing and improving our business. We collect personal information, such as your feedback and survey responses, to improve our products and digital services. We analyze information about our interactions with you and other consumers to learn about how we can better engage with and serve you.
- Conducting market research and consumer testing. We want to provide you with the best flavor experiences, products and services that we can. To achieve that goal, we collect personal information to learn about consumer trends. We may offer separate privacy notices for specific market research and survey activities.
- Personalizing your experiences with us. For example, if you tend to share certain recipes, we may personalize our digital services so similar recipes are prominently displayed.
- Conducting and administering contests and competitions. From time to time, we may offer contests and competitions that include an opportunity to win a prize. We may offer separate privacy notices for specific contests or competitions.
- Complying with legal obligations and protecting our rights, your rights, and the rights of others. For example, if you create an account with us, we may use the information you provide to help prevent and detect fraudulent activity. We may also process personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or to cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
Retaining Your Information
We will retain your information while we have a relationship with you, as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is processed, and for a period after our relationship with you has ended. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account how long we need to retain the information to fulfill the purposes described above and to detect security incidents, prevent fraud, debug our systems, comply with our legal and record keeping obligations, including for tax purposes, and for demonstrating compliance with applicable laws. We may also retain personal information to investigate or defend against potential legal claims in accordance with the limitation periods of countries where legal action may be brought, and for internal uses, as allowed by law. We will not retain your information for longer than is reasonably necessary for these purposes.
This section explains how and why we share personal information with third parties.
We share information:
- With affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers who we work with closely, or who work on our behalf, and have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations. This includes, but is not limited to, service providers who help us conduct statistical analyses, deliver communications or mailings, store information, operate our digital services, or help us manage events or contests;
- With business partners, such as ad networks that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- With third parties when you engage in or interact with co-branded or co-sponsored content or activities;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- With third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Additionally, we may share information with third parties that does not identify you (and cannot be combined with other information accessible to us to identify you) for any purpose. In these instances, we will take reasonable steps to properly de-identify your personal information before sharing your information with third parties.
As an international business, we transfer your personal information to our affiliates and subsidiaries, most notably in North America (including the United States), Europe, India, and Asia. Some of our service providers may be located outside Australia as well. Unless otherwise advised, we will only share your personal information outside of Australia for the limited purposes as described in this privacy notice. We undertake reasonable efforts to require third parties and our related companies to process personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
Your Rights and Choices
You may have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These may include:
- The right to access what information we have collected about you in a user-friendly format;
- The right to request the deletion of information we have collected;
- The right to correct or update your information; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Privacy Commission.
If you wish to access your personal information we hold about you and update and/or correct it, please contact us in writing. In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information to you.
If you have any queries or complaints about our privacy notice or consider there has been any breach of the APP's, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below. We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing.
Depending on your particular state or territory of residence, there may be additional rights afforded under your local laws.
We use reasonable efforts to process your requests or to notify you when your request is denied based on applicable laws, regulations, and other limitations.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive. From time to time, we review and consider updates for our security procedures. Please be aware that, despite our ongoing efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 15 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 15 has provided us with personal data, we will delete that information in accordance with applicable laws.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may modify this privacy notice from time to time. We will notify you of changes by posting changes here, or by other appropriate means. Any changes to the privacy notice will become effective when the updated privacy notice is posted on the website.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to exercise your rights described here please contact us at:
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.